I’m always striving to turn yesihaveablog into a resource, somewhere for you to find inspiration, determination and a touch of insight.
Because of this, I am willing to share guest posts on yesihaveablog. However, I will consider these on a case by case basis and reserve the right to decide what content I feel ultimately works for this site, or does not.
I am most interested to hear from you if you can provide useful posts or articles on topics such as mental health and wellbeing, wellness, mindfulness, travel, sustainable lifestyles (zero waste and plastic reduction), creative entrepreneurship and other related topics.
It’s probably a good idea for you to put together a short pitch for your content and send it over to me so we can discuss if it’s going to be suitable or not.
General guidelines for posts are as follows:
- The word count should be a minimum of 800 words, with the maximum being around 2,000 words for really detailed content – at this time I’m not interested in ‘listicle’ style articles or ‘photo diary’ articles.
- If you’re not experienced with writing for the web, keep the information hierarchy of your posts in mind when writing them. Try to break up the information with headings, subheadings and images, overall this works far better than lengthy paragraphs.
- For certain topics, I may decide on a certain style or format to posts, if this is the case. I will discuss the desired framework with you.
- Images used in your content should ideally be your own and definitely of a high quality. If you’re using photos that are not your own then you must have permission to use them and appropriate sources cited.
- Content should be of a high standard, well-written and in English (UK English is preferable for consistency with the rest of the site). I ask that any content you send over to me is thoroughly proofread. Having said this, I also reserve the right to amend and/ or alter the article as I see fit prior to its publication, as well as making any updates that I deem necessary to keep it relevant and up to date after publication.
- Any content submitted as a guest post should not have been published anywhere else online, nor should it be duplicated anywhere else after it is published on yesihaveablog.
- Whilst I wholeheartedly believe in freedom of speech, this is my site and I will not publish anything that I feel isn’t in keeping with the general tone, theme or ethos of the site. If I find it offensive, overly provocative or deem that it may be offensive to others, it won’t be published. When it comes to wildlife and travel, I don’t accept articles that promote the cruelty or exploitation of animals, I like my wildlife wild. If you’re in any doubt as to my stance on this, then read my post Where to See Wild Elephants in Sri Lanka.
- When it comes to links in posts, any facts, statistics or citations should, of course, have a relevant link to back them up. All links included in your post should fit naturally within the text, be relevant to the content and ultimately be of benefit to those reading the content, not the site it is linking to. Links will be checked; no matter how great the content, if it contains spammy links, it won’t be published.
Have an idea for a post that you think would work well on yesihaveablog? Great, get in touch and let’s discuss it. I can be contacted via yesihaveablog[at]gmail[dot]com